Important Facts About Rodents
Rodents are among the most successful of all mammals. They make up 43 percent of all mammals. Here are some interesting facts to consider. Rodent control is best to be handled by your local exterminator.
- Rats and mice attack our food in the farm fields, orchards, and livestock facilities.
- The loss of food worldwide to rodents each year is enough to feed 200 million people.
- In addition to economic loses, rodents are also expensive to control. Each year the estimated cost to control rodents in the United States is $100 million.
- In inner city areas it has been found that a protein in mice urine, can trigger severe cases of asthma.
- Here are some viruses and diseases, hantavirus, flea- and Mite-borne diseases, food-borne illness and several others.
If you suspect you have a mouse, or rat problem in either your home, or place of business, don’t panic here is what you should do.
- Leave rodent services to be controlled by professional pest control companies.
- A lot of times homeowners buy over the counter poisons, and end up poisoning their animals, or putting the poisons in areas where the poison can be accessed by small children or their neighbors dogs.
- Rodent services for your home can be priced out over the phone, you don’t need a pushy salesman to come out to your home. Commercial
- prices may need a free consult, but they too can sometimes be priced over the phone.
- Most pest services take 14 days to control your current problem, there is no magic flute to play and the mice follow the exterminator out the door, so if a pest professional tells you he can solve your pest problem in 1 day he is lying.
Different Types of Mice & Diseases They Carry
Their excrement may contain of a variety of dangerous diseases and viruses. These can become airborne and inhaled by humans causing infection. Food sources they come in contact with may get infected with Salmonella. That food when ingested can make you very sick. They may also bite causing infection. They also chew on things to wear down their teeth that grow constantly. Often this is electrical wiring that can lead to expensive repairs or in some cause house fires.
There are 4 common pest that invade New Jersey & New York homes and businesses.
- The House Mouse is a small rodent about 2 inches long not including tail, pointed nose and fairly large ears. Grayish brown in color with a gray or buff colored belly.
- The White-Footed Deer Mouse which is light brown to black and has a white underbelly. These mice are slightly larger than house mice, and have bigger ears and eyes.
- The Norway Rat also known as brown rat, gray rat, sewer rat, water rat or barn rat. One of the most common rodents in urban areas. These large rodents are around 10 to 12 inches long, including their tails, and are typically grayish brown in color.
- The Roof Rat also known as ship rats, are found almost exclusively in port areas. Roof rats are very large, 16 inches long from nose to tail, with tails longer than their bodies. These rats are black with lighter colored bellies, and have large ears and eyes.
Hiring a professional rodent exterminator is the most effective way to remove Mice & Rats and other rodents from your home or business.
How Did I Get Mice, Rats or Rodents?
Mice can enter your home, condo, or apartment or businesses through cracks and holes. Mice can squeeze through openings as small as a dime! Rats being larger will need larger openings to gain access. Both Mice & Rats need food, water and warmth. When the weather turns colder in New Jersey & New York area, these rodents seek warm shelter. Once inside with food, water, and warmth, they reproduce quickly.
Why Is It So Difficult To Get Rid Of Mice and Rats?
Mice & Rats are very fast. Rats are instinctively wary of things new to their environment such traps and traps and bait. There are a number of rodent repellent solutions available and honestly, these work marginally at best. To remove rodents all entrances must be identified and properly sealed. Then all rodents must be exterminated with a combination of rodenticides and snap traps. Due to the health risk, a professional pest control service experienced in rodent extermination is the best solution.
What Are The Signs Of A Mice, Rat and Rodent Infestation?
- You see mice & rats or other rodents
- Cupboards and pantries have mouse droppings or rodent excrement
- You may hear mice scratching in the walls
- You notice electrical wires are chewed
Mrs.Bzzz Pest & Termite Solutions For Controlling Mice & Rat:
- Our Home Pest Protection Program is our number one service for eliminating & controlling rodents.
- This program gives you protection against mice & rats, and several other insects.
- One time services are offered for mice and rats. Service starts with a detailed inspection of the home or place of business, than rodenticides and snap traps are used to correct the rodent problem. Seal up of minor opening are performed where rodents may be entering.