Flea Control Wayne NJ
Fleas belong to the order Siphonaptera; a name of Greek origin that roughly translates to mean that fleas have hollow tube mouthparts and are wingless. Fleas are parasitic insects, meaning they live on and feed off of a host organism without killing it. Adult fleas have piercing mouthparts and feed exclusively on blood. They must have a warm blooded host in order to survive and reproduce. There are a over 2,000 different flea species, but only about 6 common types that affect dogs and cats, and more than 90% of the fleas found on both dogs and cats in New Jersey are the cat flea species. Cat fleas actually prefer dogs, cats, and humans as their host.
Cat fleas develop by complete metamorphosis in the following life cycle:
Egg – Flea eggs are pearly white measuring 1/50 inch in length. Female fleas lay their eggs one per hour on the host. Cat flea eggs hatch in one to six days.
Larva – Larvae are free living, feeding on organic debris and adult fleas feces in their environment. High humidity is essential for development of larvae. Indoors flea larvae are protected under the carpet where humidity is the highest.
Pupa – When Larva has matured, it spins a cocoon within which it will pupate. In ideal conditions an adult flea may emerge 5 days after the cocoon is formed.
Adult – Upon emergence, adult fleas find potential hosts to feed on by cueing in on movement, and will jump to a host within seconds of emerging from their cocoon. Upon finding a host, the cat flea begins feeding within seconds and will mate within 24 hours. Depending on temperature and humidity, the entire life cycle of the cat flea can be 12 to 14 days.
The Mrs.Bzzz Pest & Termite Solutions flea control strategy:
- Insect growth regulators (IGR’s) – This product stops the reproduction cycle of the adult and stops young fleas from reproducing.
- Insecticides labeled to kill adult fleas mixed together with the growth inhibitors.
- Cats and dogs must be treated professionally by a vet at the same time the flea treatment is performed by Mrs.Bzzz.
- We help to educate our customers on the steps that they can take prior to the flea treatment. Things like vacuuming all floors prior to our arrival, picking up all belongings off the floor, and washing all cat and dog bedding in hot water help to ensure the best possible results for flea control.
- We apply the product over all exposed flooring and pet resting areas. Outdoor application to specific areas is also critical in our flea control program.
- All of our services come with a service warranty. We guarantee your 100% satisfaction with our flea control services or else we’ll come back until you are!